Projects & NewsProjects and News 2013
* A CD of new American music for violin and piano is finally edited and mastered. It's in its final production stage, and Albany Label will release it sometime in 2013. Please stay tuned!
* "Monthly Classical Music" by Sony Music Korea was released in October 2012. This is a collection of 12 CDs curated by Jihye. Each CD contains classical music related to each month's theme - for example, "Spring" in March, "Rain" in July. This collection has been one of the top sellers in classical CD category at Kyobo, Interpark, and Yes24 in Korea. You can also purchase it on http://bandibookus.com, where it's also the best seller. http://www.bandibookus.com/search/SearchTotal.do?kwd=%C0%CC%B4%DE%C0%C7+%C5%AC%B7%A1%BD%C4&tabCode=TOTAL&ad_url=
* A new chamber music CD is out on Centaur Label.
Steve Rouse Chamber Music
Sonata for Violin and Piano (with violinsit Benjamin Sung)
Projects and News 2011-2012
* Classics for Piano ("I Am Piano") from Universal Korea, 2 CD set
This set includes lots of different pieces for beginning and intermediate level piano students, including sonatas by Clementi, Bach's Notebook for Anna Magdalena, pieces written for children by Bartok, Gurlitt, Schumann, and Tchaikovsky.
* CD on Centaur Label
"Spiky Epiphanies" - Chamber Music of Marc Satterwhite
* Collaboration with the James Sewell Ballet, Minneapolis/St. Paul.
I performed Mendelssohn's Piano Trio in d minor with violinists Benjamin Sung and cellist Laura Sewell for the James Sewell Ballet's fall production on October and October at their new performing location, The Cowles Center.
* Recording Project - using the Aaron Copland Fund's Recording Grant
Ben and I received a recording grant from the Aaron Copland Foundation in 2009. We recorded four wonderful pieces written by four talented and successful American composers.
Christian Gentry, Flux-Flummoxed (with the Barlow Endowment Commissioning Grant/ written for Jihye Chang and Benjamin Sung)
Curtis Hughes, Insult to Injury
Derek Johnson, Fragments (written for Jihye Chang and Benjamin Sung)
Sean Shepherd, Sonata (written for Jihye Chang and Benjamin Sung)
* Liszt-Paganini Project with Violinist Benjamin Sung
2011 is the Liszt Bi-Centennial Year, and Ben and I were invited to present a recital of Liszt Paganini etudes and Paganini caprices that inspired Liszt at Concordia College Liszt Festival. This initial invitation led to many performances of the same program in Gravata and Garanhuns, Brazil, St. Olaf College (MN), Stockbridge (MA), and Jamestown College (ND). I also performed a solo recital with the 6 etudes and 5 related pieces in Olivet, France. We will keep playing this program as it's such a fun challange and a crowd pleaser!